Have you ever just read something that stuck with you and encouraged your future thoughts and actions? That’s often what happens when we stumble across a motivational travel quote. It sticks with us, and usually encourages us to take a step back and focus on where we want our next escapade to take us. Below are 15 inspirational travel quotes that we’ve superimposed onto some of our own vacation photos. We made this list with the hope that it will inspire you to take time to travel some place new, even if just for a day or two!
- The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. – Augustine of Hippo
- I travel a lot. I hate having my life disrupted by routine. – Caskie Stinnett
- I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. – Robert Louis Stevenson
4. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security. – Ray Bradbury
5. Traveling. It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. – Ibn Batutta
6. All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware. – Martin Buber
7. Adventure is worthwhile. – Aesop
8. Traveling’s not something you’re good at. It’s something you do. Like breathing. – Gayle Foreman
9. If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears. – Cesare Pavese
10. Travel brings power & love back into your life. – Jalaluddin Rumi
11. I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths & a great fear of shallow living. – Anais Nin
12. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes your richer. – Anonymous
13. Take vacations. Go as many places as you can. You can always make money. You can’t always make memories.
14. An investment in travel is an investment in yourself. – Matthew Karsten
15. Explore often. Only then will you know how small you are and how big the world is. – Pradeep Pandiyan
Do you know any fantastic travel quotes? Leave a comment below to share them with us!
– The Calkins’
(Hey, still reading? If you want to keep up with our escapades, feel free to follow any or all of our social media accounts if you haven’t already! Click on the links below!)